Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nostalgia


After the sting of winter's cabin fever the 2011 spring has been filled with escapades.

My Ragnarok 105 experience could have been likened to a six hour gravel time trial coupled with two bike maintenance sessions. I was left to chase after my first flat was lengthened by clogged co2 head. Strong winds and the solo ride left me gassed at mile 80 after my second flat put the nail in the coffin. Big thanks to Rick for the tube and the pulls home!

Thirty nine degrees and raining, the Cable Area Off-Road Classic left us block footed and chilled to the bone. After an early effort, I found myself in the lead group with Minnesota's speedsters. Pond size puddles and snotty trails took their toll as the battle of attrition got the better of me. Positively, some good efforts reaffirmed the early season work and the form seems to be coming around. Shout out to Weber for the six speed doughnuts and tropic flavored towel.

"Your shoulder was so grotesque I almost puked." KORC started their Thursday night races at the Whitetail trail system in River Falls. Ten minutes into the race I pulled the eject lever, and in what seemed like slow motion, dislocated my shoulder. Thankfully, the boys and doc put me back together again.

This weekend was a trip down memory lane as I made the short trip to St. Croix Falls. B-e-a-utiful country! I spent some time catching up with the good friends. Frank is opening a bike and ski shop in downtown St. Croix Falls. You may know him as a co-founder of the cyclovaxc club!

A preview of things to come…
Wooly MTB Race

Wausau WORS

Respect!








































No comments:

Post a Comment